For the offshore wind market, deep water is defined as water deeper than 60 meters.
Eighty percent of offshore wind resources are in deep water. With simple, bottom-fixed foundations not viable in water depths of 60 meters and more, effective deepwater structures, and especially floating designs, are all the more integral to access deepwater markets.
Our collaboration with the Aker group give us access to unparalleled competence and five decades worth of offshore expertise and experience.
- Close collaboration between Aker Offshore Wind and Aker Solutions
- More than 50 years’ experience designing, delivering and servicing offshore floating and deepwater facilities in harsh environments across the world
- Experience from designing 160 floating structures (semisubmersibles, spar buoys, TLPs and ship shape) that are some of the most advanced in the world, including 60% of the world’s semisubmersible platforms and the largest semisubmersible in the world
- Access to unique deepwater jacket technologies to drive down costs and unlock acreage also on intermediate depths (50-70 meters) where monopiles and floaters are often less optimal
- Unique subsea technologies (such as dynamic power cables) and world-class offshore project execution
- Innovation in installation and execution to reduce the need for large, specialty vessels
- Large Norwegian construction site at Verdal available for optimization of supply chain for North Sea basin projects